Celebrating the 10th Anniversary of its Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) program, United Way of Tarrant County announces the opening of its 12 Community Tax Centers located throughout Tarrant County. The tax centers are open through April 30, 2020.
VITA is a free income tax preparation program for individuals and households with an income of $58,000 or less. Qualifying individuals receive quality tax preparation services from IRS-certified volunteers. Tax center locations can be found at www.unitedwaytarrant.org/vita/.
Individuals and families who want to participate in the VITA program need to bring the following items to the Community Tax Center of their choice:
- Photo ID
- Original Social Security card or ITIN for each person listed on the tax return
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- All W-2 wage statements for 2018
- 1099 SSA, 1099-R and 1099-G
- Cash income amount and work expenses
- 1095 Health coverage form
- Direct deposit information
For 10 years, VITA has helped Tarrant County residents with financial stability and resiliency. In 2019, VITA volunteers prepared more than 9,000 returns, helping families receive more than $16 million in tax refunds.