Get free help filing your taxes
At our Volunteer Income Tax Assistance (VITA) free tax centers, you can sit down with a certified volunteer who will help you review your documents, complete your tax forms, understand what you may owe – and ideally get the largest return possible. We can also help you enroll in financial education and coaching, or develop skills for the workforce.
What should I bring?
- Photo ID
- Original Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN) for everyone listed on the tax return
- Copy of last year’s tax return
- All W-2 wage statements for 2022
- SSA-1099, 1099-R and 1099-G
- Cash income amount and work expenses
- 1095 health coverage form
- Direct deposit information
What if I’m missing documents?
Use these resources if you do not have the needed items:
- Photo ID. Any government-issued ID, such as a driver’s license, can be obtained from your local Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV).
- Social Security card or Individual Taxpayer Identification Number (ITIN). Don’t have a Social Security card? Order one here. You can find additional information about your ITIN here.
- Copy of last year’s tax return. You can request your tax transcripts from the IRS for free. After verifying your identity, you can view, print or download your tax transcripts immediately online. Or, get your transcripts by mail in five to 10 days, either by requesting them online or by phone. Start here.
- W-2. A W-2 shows your wage-earning information and is usually mailed or emailed to you. If you haven’t received your W-2 by January 31, please contact the HR person at your company.
- SSA-1099, 1099-R and 1099-G. Visit SSA.gov or TWC.State.TX.US.
- Cash income amount and work expenses. Visit IRS.gov for more information.
- 1095-A health coverage form. If you are enrolled through HealthCare.gov, this is the form that shows your household Marketplace plan. Learn how to access it here.
- Direct deposit information. Please bring your bank account and routing number information. These can be found at the bottom of any check or deposit slip that is linked to the account you want to use. You also can find this on your account statements or through your banking app or online account. You can call your bank for help if you have trouble finding or accessing the information.
Locations and Hours
FC Shadow Brook VITA Community Tax Center
2020 S. Cooper St. Arlington, TX 76013
Appointment Only: Call 817-461-3936 (Option 1 for Tax Program)
|Monday||11 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Tuesday||11 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Wednesday||11 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Thursday||11 a.m. - 6 p.m.|
|Saturday||9 a.m. - 2 p.m.|