United Way – Arlington today announced its annual Report to the Community luncheon is scheduled from noon to 1:30 p.m., Wednesday, April 17, 2019, at Mediterranean Villa, 1111 Wet N Wild Way, Arlington, TX 76011. The luncheon will highlight Arlington’s work to improve the lives of its residents through collaborative partnerships.
Guest speakers will include:
- Marcia Etie, United Way – Arlington Steering Committee Chair and member of United Way of Tarrant County Board of Directors, will provide the welcome and emcee the program. Etie is an active community volunteer and currently serves as a student counselor in Arlington ISD.
- Kate McGee, Senior Pastor of Westminster Presbyterian Church, will lead the invocation. Pastor Kate is involved with the Attending Clergy Association, Arlington Ministerial Association and the Arlington Resource Sharing Group, as well as serving on several committees for the City.
- Leah King, Executive Vice President and Chief Operating Officer for United Way of Tarrant County, will highlight the top social issues in Tarrant County from the 2018-2019 Community Assessment. Leah is active in the community and currently serves on the board for Cook Children’s Medical Center and the Tarrant Regional Water District.
- Devan Allen, Tarrant County Commissioner, Precinct 2, will speak about how issues identified in the Community Assessment affect Arlington. As the founder and principal of Allen Realty Advisors (ARA), Devan is opening doors for those pursuing business investments or the dream of homeownership.
- TD Smyers, President and CEO of United Way of Tarrant County, will address our military and veterans initiative, Mission United. Mission United helps veterans, active duty military members and their families in North Texas find community resources and gain access to a variety of services.