Prior to his role at United Way of Tarrant County, TD served four years as regional CEO for American Red Cross North Texas Region. He retired July 2011 from a career in the U.S. Navy after serving as commanding officer of the Naval Air Station Fort Worth Joint Reserve Base.
Currently, TD serves as president of the Leadership North Texas Alumni Association and on the boards of the North Texas Commission, the North Texas Leaders and Executives Advocating Diversity (LEAD) and Tarrant County College Criminal Justice Training Center.
He earned a Bachelor of Science from the United States Naval Academy in 1984 and a Master of Science from the National Defense University’s Industrial College of the Armed Forces in 2005.
A passionate advocate for children, Leah is active in the community and has served as a director on the boards of the Child Study Center, Junior Achievement and Communities In Schools of Greater Tarrant County. Leah currently serves on the board for Cook Children’s Medical Center and the Trinity River Vision TIF. She is also an active member of the Fort Worth Chapter of The Links, Incorporated.
In May of 2017, Leah was elected to the board of directors of the Tarrant Regional Water District (TRWD) and is currently serving her first term. TRWD is responsible for ensuring that a reliable and sustainable water supply, flood protection and family-friendly recreational opportunities are available for the 11-county area it serves.
chief operating officer
Prior to his role with United Way of Tarrant County, Jeff was SVP & CFO at Goodwill Industries of Dallas. He has experience in management consulting as the principal of Summit Retail Consulting and as a director with AlixPartners, LLP. He has spent much of his career in corporate finance and retail management, including roles as EVP-GMM and EVP-P&A at JCPenney, Inc., SVP-P&A at Chico’s FAS, Inc., VP-Finance at Express, Inc. and director of FP&A at Limited Brands, Inc.
Jeff is a member of the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants, an executive member of Financial Executives International and a council member with Gerson Lehrman Group. He earned his CPA from the state of Ohio, and his education includes a Bachelor's of Business Administration in finance from the University of Oklahoma and Master of Business Administration from Texas A&M University. Jeff is also a board member and lead director of Board Development Systems, Inc.
chief financial officer
Prior to joining United Way of Tarrant County she was a vice president in the Dallas office of Allison+Partners where she oversaw a portfolio of clients including Navigant Energy, Supplemental Health Care and HighGround Advisors. She has more than 25 years of public relations experience with expertise in thought leadership, corporate reputation, crisis communications, media relations, community relations, event planning and brand positioning. She has served clients and worked in a variety of industries, including entertainment, restaurant and hospitality, healthcare, non-profit, the arts and energy.
Michelle has a Bachelor of Arts in public relations from Texas Tech University. She serves on the Texas Tech National Alumni Association Board of Directors and the Professional Advisory Committee for the Texas Tech College of Media and Communication. In addition, she volunteers at the SPCA of Texas, the Dallas Holocaust Museum/Center for Education and Tolerance and Youth Village.
chief communications & marketing officer
In her role, she manages all recruitment, onboarding, talent management, and health and safety programs; ensures organizational and leadership development, performance management and strategic human resource planning; and the creation and implementation of policies. She oversees a competitive compensation and benefits program and ensures compliance with employment-related laws, regulations and best practices.
Before United Way of Tarrant County, Beth served as a human resources consultant for WhitneySmith Company, where she advised clients of diverse sizes and industries regarding human resources best practices.
Ms. Watson received a Bachelor of Business Administration, Management and Marketing from Texas Christian University, Neeley School of Business, and is a certified Senior Professional in Human Resources (SPHR).
chief human resources officer
Board of Directors
- Board Chair: James Powell, Assistant General Counsel for Transportation, North Central Texas Council of Governments
- Chair of Annual Campaign: Pat Linares, Education Consultant; Former Interim Superintendent for Fort Worth and Crowley ISDs
- Co-Chair of Annual Campaign: Hadley Woerner, President-Tarrant Region, Frost Bank
- Chair of the Audit & Finance Committee and Compliance Officer: Scott Hickson, Partner, Ernst & Young, LLP
- Chair Investment Committee: Josh McNamara, CPA, CVA, Partner, Hartner Wanzor LLP
- Chair of Compensation and Benefits Committee: Jill Lyttle, Executive Vice President Human Resources and leadership Development, First Command Financial Services, Inc.
- Chair of Governance Committee: Justin R. Chapa, Associate Attorney, Morgan Lewis & Bockius LLP
- Chair of Strategic Planning Committee: Allison Mullis, Executive Vice President, Human Resources, Bell Helicopter
- Chair of Diversity Committee: Shannon Fletcher, Chief of Staff, Tarrant County Criminal District Attorney’s Office
- Co-Chair of Community Development Committee: Kristy Odom, Community Volunteer
- Member-At-Large: Melinda M. Johnston, Managing Director and Senior Financial Advisor, Merrill Lynch
- Member-At-Large: C. Corey Fickes, Attorney at Law/Partner, Linebarger Goggan Blair & Sampson, LLP
- Non-Voting Member: TD Smyers, President, United Way of Tarrant County
- Non-Voting Member: Beverly Boyd, Corporate Secretary, United Way of Tarrant County
- Mona Bailey, Community Volunteer
- Dan Berce, President and CEO, GM Financial, Inc.
- Stevan (Steve) B. Bobb, Executive Vice President and Chief Marketing Officer, BNSF Railway
- Bridget Blaise-Shamai, Managing Director of Customer Loyalty and Insights for American Airlines
- Earnest Boon, Secretary/Treasurer District Lodge 776, International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers
- Carlo Capua, Co-Owner, Z’s Cafe
- Brian Coltharp, P.E., President and CEO, Freese and Nichols
- June Davis, Board President, Crowley ISD
- Joseph DeLeon, President, Texas Health Harris Methodist Hospital Fort Worth
- Sean Donohue, CEO, DFW International Airport
- John Flack, Partner, KPMG, LLP
- Melody Johnson, Scholar in Residence, Texas Christian University
- Dr. Peter Grant Jordan, President, Tarrant County College South Campus
- Cheryl Mobley, Founder and CEO, reCalibrate
- Martin Noto, Executive vice President and Chief Administrative Officer of Inwood National Bank
- Brian D. O’Neill, PE, CFM, Principal, Pacheco Koch
- Glen Sirles, Community Volunteer
- Tom Stallings, Founder, Firm Strategies
- Gloria Starling, Managing Partner, The Capital Grille Fort Worth
- Danny Torres, General superintendent-Texoma Service Unit, Union Pacific Railroad
- Jeff Whitfield, Partner, Kelly Hart
- Darwin Winfield, Manager of Public Affairs, Atmos Energy
Board Members and Voting Ex-Officios
- Brian Golden, President, Tarrant County Central Labor Council AFL-CIO
- Kristin James, Assistant Director of Neighborhood Services, City of North Richland Hills, Chair, United Way Northeast Steering Committee
- Amanda Robbins, MS, RN, GCNS-BC, Program Director, Fort Worth Emergency Services Collaborative, Amon G. Carter Medical Simulation Training Center
- Patra Stroemer, Retired Engineer, Lockheed Martin, Chair, United Way Arlington
- Olivia Templeton, Director Contracts & Jt Facilities, BNSF