In Tarrant County, only 36% of third-grade students read proficiently*. This reflects a more than 7% drop since the onset of COVID-19—a staggering statistic that has effects far beyond test scores. Research also shows that young children who have access to books in their homes are much more likely to read at grade level. Unfortunately, that access is limited for thousands of families in our community. *Read Fort Worth
The good news is we’re committed, through Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library, to rewriting this story.
Thanks to the support of generous donors, children in the program receive one free book every month for each child enrolled in the program.
- $25 – supports one child for a year
- $125 – supports one child for the life of the program (5 years)
- $250 – supports 10 children for a year
- $500 – supports 20 children for a year
- $1,000 – supports 40 children for a year
Please consider supporting this vital program and our Tarrant County youth by making a donation below.