VITA Runner/Office Assistant
The ideal volunteer candidate for this position must be friendly, punctual, organized, and detail-oriented. They must be able to work independently, multi-task, and interact with the staff and clients in a courteous and professional manner.
What will you do in this role?
Duties include, but are not limited to:
- Reception/Intake coverage outside of agency building
- Assist with physical duties, including setting up table and chairs, equipment and supplies
- Assist in getting documents back and forth from the outside intake area to indoor tax preparation area on request from staff and volunteers
- Process and distribute incoming tax return cases
- Support staff overflow work
- General copying, filing, scanning, and updating of files
- Organize and maintain taxpayer files
- Data Entry and data retrieval as needed
What qualifications are required?
- Pass IRS Volunteer Standards of Conduct and Intake/Interview Exams
- Excellent overall computer technical abilities
- Excellent phone etiquette
- Ability to contribute to an atmosphere of teamwork and congeniality
- Volunteering Environment
The volunteer environment is primarily outdoors.
Volunteer shifts include morning, evening, and weekend shifts (Saturday and Sunday)
While performing the volunteer duties, the volunteer may be occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions, including rainy or cold weather.
Comfortable with standing for extended periods.
The volunteer will be required to adhere to Covid-19 CDC and UWTC VITA Partner’s guidelines and will be provided with personal protective equipment.