Area Agency on Aging has a long history of helping older adults, people with disabilities and their caregivers in Tarrant County. As part of a network of 629 Area Agencies nationwide and one of 28 in the state of Texas, we are dedicated to enhancing the quality of life for our Tarrant County community and empowering people to thrive independently by:
- Creating and implementing innovative, exemplary services
- Advocating for individuals and families and connecting them to resources that focus on healthy living
- Establishing and maintaining support and partnerships for our communities
When talking with our Aging and Disability Resource Center at 1-888-730-ADRC (2372), we offer free advice about:
- Understanding behavioral and emotional aspects of aging
- Helping with caregiver needs
- Learning about eligibility requirements for benefits
- Navigating the system
- Calling for information and referrals
- Eating meals at senior centers or delivering meals in homes
- Understanding resident rights in nursing homes and assisted living facilities
- Helping with home safety modifications
- Maintaining health
Find additional information at tarrantcountyadrc.org.
Below, you will find an overview of our benefits counseling, caregiver/respite care, and evidence-based programs.