The Transport Workers Union of America is partnering with United Way of Tarrant County to bring TWU members the chance to support the charitable causes most important to them. Making a donation through a Campaign is the most efficient way to support local issues and help United Way fulfill its mission to provide leadership and harness resources to solve Tarrant County’s toughest issues.
United Way Worldwide has officially partnered with organized labor since 1942 and is proud of the lasting relationship.
Currently, 156 AFL-CIO-appointed Labor Liaisons are on staff at local United Ways throughout the country.
Benefits of giving to United Way:
- Your donation to United Way’s Community Fund is unrestricted and allows United Way to vet, on your behalf, our partner agencies and their programs and allocate the amount needed to help our agencies solve pressing social issues in Tarrant County.
- You can designate to any cause or charity in the country – it’s your choice.
- We do not apply fees or administrative costs from your designated gift – 100% of your donation goes where you want it to go.
- You can give through an online donation site or pledge form created specifically for TWU to make one-time or ongoing donations via credit/debit cards or banking accounts.
- Your gift unifies and strengthens your union, creating a cohesive charitable track record within the local community.