With more than 35,000 members, Union members represent one of the largest organizational networks in Tarrant County. Their collective impact can help build a stronger community and help those in need. For 80 years – since 1942 – The AFLCIO and United Way have worked together to create a society where we all have the chance to reach our potential. We both advocate for Social and Economic Justice; for the health, education, and financial stability for all people; and, when we work together, our collaborative efforts benefit everyone – and transform communities.
United Way Worldwide has officially partnered with organized labor since 1942 and is proud of the lasting relationship.
Currently, 156 AFL-CIO-appointed Labor Liaisons are on staff at local United Ways throughout the country.
Letter of Support
The AFL-CIO renews its partnership with United Way every year, releasing a letter of support and endorsing participation in the giving campaign.
Benefits of giving to United Way:
- Your donation to United Way’s Community Fund is unrestricted and allows United Way to vet, on your behalf, our partner agencies and their programs and allocate the amount needed to help our agencies solve pressing social issues in Tarrant County.
- You can designate to any cause or charity in the country – it’s your choice.
- We do not apply fees or administrative costs from your designated gift – 100% of your donation goes where you want it to go.
- You can give through an online donation site or pledge form to make one-time or ongoing donations via credit/debit cards or banking accounts.
- Your gift unifies and strengthens your union, creating a cohesive charitable track record within the local community.