LIVE WELL: Our Health Initiative
Poor health can render even education and income useless if you can’t work or have to pay expensive nursing home fees for a loved one. That’s what makes health one of the building blocks of a good life.
OUR BOLD GOAL: We will have improved the lives of 17,000 adults with ongoing health concerns by the year 2020.
3 Core Values:
- Care for Caregivers - Provides support for the people who take care of loved ones with ongoing health concerns
- A Healthier Me - Provides services to adults in our community with ongoing health concerns
- A Healthier Community - Helps to educate and provide information for a healthier Tarrant County community
We serve our community by helping those that are in need by:
- Providing screening to catch diabetes and other chronic diseases early
- Teaching people with conditions such as diabetes how to care for themselves
- Teaching caregivers of family members with Alzheimer’s how to take care of their loved ones and themselves
- Providing counseling and respite care to caregivers
- Providing transportation to medical appointments, individual and family counseling, hot meals at senior citizen centers and more.
See how we're doing: